Athens Residency #3 - Application
The Athens Residency is the flagship program of ARCAthens
Founded in 2017, ARCAthens is a not-for-profit organization offering 2 Athens Residency
Fellowships (Visual Art and Curatorial) providing fully-funded live/work spaces that allow artists,
curators, and scholars to be immersed in—and consequently respond to—the ongoing cultural
renaissance taking place in Athens. Our program provides promotional services and robust
elective networking opportunities at the discretion of the Fellows.
Expectations from Fellows
Our residency is designed to nurture and support our Fellows, and is free of obligations with the
following 2 exceptions:
- Residencies span: 2 months. The dates for Athens Residency #3 are: Monday, September 19, 2022- Monday, November 7, 2022.
- Fellowship Prize: $2,000.
- Air Travel: Basic coach class booked in advance is covered by ARCAthens.
- Stipend: A stipend of $150 per week is provided, meant to supplement food and local
- Application process: No Fee – Open call.
- Selection process: By a 3-person committee of professionals unaffiliated with ARCAthens.
- Expenses paid by the artist: ARCAthens offers the Fellowship Prize, air travel, stipend, and
live-work facilities. The Fellows are responsible for all other expenses including food, all
local travel, and any costs related to the production and shipping of their work.
- Facilities: The Athens Residency is hosted by the gorgeous neoclassical facility of our
collaborative partner, ATOPOS cvc. Fellows have a private bedroom, private studio, and
shared kitchen, dining room, and library. Click here to see the facility.
- Number of artists in residence at one time: 2
- Working Language: English
Open Call Announcement: Tuesday, March 1, 2022
Application Deadline: Sunday, May 1, 2022
Announcement of Fellowships: Wednesday, June 1, 2022
Residency Begins: Monday, September 19, 2022 – Monday, November 7, 2022